Tribute to Steve Irwin, a guy who genuinely loved nature and animals.
This man was beyond real
"Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill and eat you. People are harder. Sometimes they pretend to be your friend first."
- Steve Irwin (r.i.p.)
another death i’ll literally never fucking get over
Dinind hall doesn’t open til 10am on Sundays?
Looks like some math reading for breakfast!
So I have a radio alarm clock
So my alarm is just the radio cranked all the way up
Today I woke up and left my dorm before my alarm went off
I also forgot to shut it off so that it wouldnt turn on
Needless to say it woke up all my suite mates
And they had to call me to come back and turn it off
This is what I love about Winter. You wake up in the middle of the night, maybe just to pee or get water or something, look out the window and see this. It’s so beautiful. And it’s silent; you have no idea that it’s happening until you just look. It almost seems fake. And it makes your bed seem way more comfortable, for whatever reason.
Can we take a moment to acknowledge how massive Hurricane Maria is right now?? The storm’s cloud field is the size of Mexico and extends across the equator. Earlier today she peaked as the strongest storm in the eastern pacific since 2010.
August 23, 2014:
(Click image for higher resolution)
Notable features from left to right-
- Tiny Hurricane Karina with 80 mph winds… expected to weaken over the next few days over the open Pacific.
- Tropical Storm Lowell with 50 mph winds… expected to dissipate over the next few days.
- Tropical Storm Marie with 70 mph winds… expected to become a large and powerful major hurricane over the weekend as it moves away from Mexico.
- A storm system bringing heavy storms to the upper Midwest.
- A tropical disturbance over Hispaniola, which has an 80-90% chance of developing into a tropical storm… potentially dangerous rains expected over the islands regardless.
I almost held it together.
The last drive through Kingston, and down 9W this evening wrecked me though. And I didn’t even try to hold it back. It just needed to come. I’m still emotionally in the wake of the moment.
Some day I will get my pilot’s license and it will be grand.
I feel like I’ve had this revelation a dozen times, but it still fascinates me to no end.
And that is the realization of the important people in your life whom you never expected to be important; the ones who surprise you by being present
- forgethandstands replied to your post:I'm scared.
it’ll happen. maybe not exactly the way you thought they would, but the things you want will in...
We do make things happen! That’s how us Ethans roll. :P
and to think
two years ago I was sitting on your bedroom floor
and you played some neutral milk for me, because you knew I loved them, and you...