(CNN) — The world’s oldest person, as verified by the Guinness Book of World Records, is dead at the age of 114, according to the Gerontology Research Group.
Eunice Sanborn of Jacksonville, Texas, died quietly in her home on Monday, the research group said.
Sanborn was born July 20, 1896, in Lake Charles, Louisiana, according to the Gerontology Research Group, which said it based her birth date and age conservatively on census records from the time. Her obituary in the Jacksonville Daily Progress had her even older, however, with the obituary citing a birth date of July 20, 1895.
- Eunice Sanborn was born in 1896, according to a gerontology group
- An obituary in her hometown paper put her even older by a year
- The gerontology group says of the 85 people 110 or older, 80 are women
- The oldest person now is Besse Cooper of Georgia, at 114
- forgethandstands posted this